Anil C HS Intership Day 4

Today was the first day we really delved into the georefrencing of plant specimens with the botany department, and it was just as complicated as I thought it was going to be. While the mechanics of the website- browsing the collections, picking specimens, etc- wasn’t all that difficult, working with the maps and ensuring that the markers were in their proper place was fairly confusing in my opinion. I think part of the reason I found it so difficult was that you really had to estimate a lot and use your own judgment as to whether the specimens were collected in the same place, and how far you made the uncertainty range. Despite that, though, we made a lot of progress and I’m fairly certain in one or two more days me and my partners will be able to finish cataloguing all of Indiana. We finally worked with Taleblazer today as well, and we got to see just how the GPS and internal beacons worked with the games. I thought that was really interesting, and the way that the games utilized your actual, physical location makes me think we can make a very interesting game for the plant hall.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s